Monday, January 01, 2007

magnetic words

My brother and sister-in-law got these word magnets for Christmas. They were upset when they realized that was their only gift. Not really. I mean, that was their only gift, but they were not upset. I played with them on the refrigerator and came up with the following phrases/thoughts:

Why these parts cry like wind.
Trudge from here like sleep.
Beneath nearness.
Mist like stareless days.
Void could leave you aching.
Life but only through show.
Smear away the shadows.
Think over the knife in your skin.
Music gown.
Peach whisper.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Not Required said...

I think that peach is actually whispering to me right now...

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're fooling none of us. We all remember this piece from The Norton Anthology of English Literature. Many of us had to memorize it. The girls always swooned at my way with those lines "Music gown. Peach whisper."

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Anton: I think out of all the fruit, the peach is most likely to whisper.

Peppercorn: It's hard to believe that my writing is featured in The Norton Anthology of English Literature. I'm glad it's helped you pick up chicks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home